This eBook details the winners of the 2012 ViE Awards. You can nominate now for the 2013 Awards at the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013ViEAwards
Nominate your colleagues, partners, business relations if you think they offer outstanding services, products, innovation, research or leadership in the field of vaccines and come and join us on the 17th April 2013 at the 6th annual ViE Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner to celebrate the evening away in great company.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry deadline is 15 February 2013
Entering the ViE Awards is a simple process; follow these simple steps to ensure your nomination reaches is in time.
Decide which, and how many of the 13 categories you wish (and are eligible) to enter. For each entry the following minimum information is required to be completed via our nomination template found at www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013ViEAwards
- Your nomination(s) – specific to your organization / representative / product / candidate and / or additional organizations you also wish to nominate
- A short subjective quote as to why this nomination should be considered towards the shortlist
- Your name, job title, organization, telephone and email address to ensure further correspondence
Nominations outside of the 1 April 2012 to 1 April 2013 timeframe will not be considered.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Nominations are collected from 1 April 2012 to 15 February 2013
- Nominations are supplied to judging panel who create category shortlists from all qualified entries
- Shortlisted companies / representatives will be contacted on the 4 March 2013 to submit a 1000 executive summary pertaining to the category criteria. Failure to provide documentation will result in removal from shortlist
- Shortlist made public to industry on 11 March 2013 and shortlist voting opened up to external voting. Voting closes 29 March 2013
- Supporting documentation and external votes supplied to judging panel on 1 April 2013
- Judging panel objective scoring submitted to Terrapinn and winners announced on 17 April 2013 at 6th ViE Awards ceremony
JUDGING PANEL AND PROCESS
The ViE Awards prides itself on its independent judging panel, comprised of senior industry representatives from public health organizations, non-governmental organizations, academic and research institutes, industry wide experts and affiliate member associations, pharmaceutical, biotech, global consultancies and press affiliates. Each of the 12 panelists are chosen for their knowledge, objectivity and credibility.
The judges each separately consider entries from those categories relevant to their areas of specialist knowledge, expertise and experience, ensuring a considered approach to each submission. Each category is reviewed by at least half the judging panel.
CREATING THE SHORTLIST
All online nominations are supplied to the judging panel along with corresponding quotes. The judging panel will use a collective objective approach to narrowing down the nominations to a maximum of 6 finalists per category.
JUDGING THE SHORTLIST
The judges mark each 1000 word summary against the published criteria for its category and the scores marked out of a possible 10 for each criteria. Additional bonus marks will also be awarded by the external voting process. Scores are then collated by the ViE Awards team.
The chair of the judging panel reserves the right to cast any deciding vote. The judges' decision is final and neither the organisers nor the judging panel will enter into any correspondence about the results.
Details of the winners are strictly embargoed until the evening Awards ceremony on the 17th April 2013. Details of the shortlist however will be released in the month running up to the congress and ceremony.
ViE awards timeline
13 April 2012
– award nominations open
22 February 2013
– 2013 nominations close
4 March 2013
– shortlisted companies contacted
11 March 2013
– Shortlist made public to industry AND voting by Industry opens
31 March 2013
– Shortlist voting by industry closes
1 April 2013
– ViE Judges conduct voting rounds
17 April 2013
– Winners announced at the 6th annual ViE Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner
For more information about the awards and the World Vaccine Congress Washington, please click here >