The Best Pharmaceutical Executive category was open to all international Executives from pharmaceutical vaccine manufacturers, with the winner being the individual that has demonstrated executive leadership across a number of key criteria.
The criteria used to judge this category will be as follows:
- Degree of outstanding commitment to disease prevention and treatment
- Level of exemplary leadership throughout the year
- Contribution to company performance, communication and vision
- Influence within the industry and communication of a shared vision
- Achievements made with regards to company positioning and status
Winner: Dr Steve Projan of MedImmune
Judges specific comments on the winner included:
1. His role as lead during the transition of the team into the infectious disease/vaccines innovative medicine unit (iMED) has played a large part in allowing this company to progress its vaccine pipeline
2. Spearheaded the advancement of a vaccine to prevent RSV to IND and led the effort to achieve FDA approval of the first quadrivalent influenza vaccine
Well done Dr Steve
Highly Regarded' recommendation: Dr Emilio Emini, SVP and CSO for Vaccine Research for Pfizer's continued work with Prevnar 13 in European Member states , the US and emerging markets.